Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
How It Sounds: To Be A Barista
For six years, Lisa McNally, 33, has worked as a Starbucks barista in Columbus, Ohio. These are the sounds of Lisa's job.
What does your job sound like? Please send a recording of four sounds that tell the story of your job — at this moment in time — to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, age and where you live. You may be contacted for an interview.
If you're not sure how to record your sound story, please go to NPR's Tumblr for instructions.
Produced by Art Silverman
The Protojournalist: Experimental storytelling for the LURVers – Listeners, Users, Readers, Viewers – of NPR. @NPRtpj