Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
How It Sounds: To Be A Barista
For six years, Lisa McNally, 33, has worked as a Starbucks barista in Columbus, Ohio. These are the sounds of Lisa's job.
What does your job sound like? Please send a recording of four sounds that tell the story of your job — at this moment in time — to email@example.com. Please include your name, age and where you live. You may be contacted for an interview.
If you're not sure how to record your sound story, please go to NPR's Tumblr for instructions.
Produced by Art Silverman
The Protojournalist: Experimental storytelling for the LURVers – Listeners, Users, Readers, Viewers – of NPR. @NPRtpj