Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
At Home with John Lunn
At Home with John Lunn: Composer of the Downton Abbey
Airs Wednesday, January 16 at 11:00 a.m. If you’ve watched the series, then you’ll know that the soundtrack is amazing, and if you’ve not seen this series, then you should, because it is amazing as well. Downton Abbey was one of the most viewed period dramas there is and has been commissioned for a second series later this year. So, if you’ve not see it, you should check it out! Celebrated film composer John Lunn, the creator of the theme music for the award winning Downton Abbey television series, welcomes Red River Radio listeners into his home as he talks with host Jon Tolansky, about his life and career, composing for Downton Abbey, the Edwardian era, and some of his favourite music from that period. His chosen composers of the time are Elgar, Vaughan Williams, Holst, and by way of a diversion across the English Channel to France, Debussy. There are also extracts from Mr. Lunn’s Downton Abbey score and another of his latest works.