Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
Historical society saves Chireno Baptist Church
The tiny town of Chireno, Texas, has preserved a 112-year-old church and moved it to the center of town. The Chireno Historical Society is transforming Chireno Baptist Church into a community meeting spot. It aims to raise $50,000 with the help of the new wave of oil and gas businesses in town.