Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Historical society saves Chireno Baptist Church
The tiny town of Chireno, Texas, has preserved a 112-year-old church and moved it to the center of town. The Chireno Historical Society is transforming Chireno Baptist Church into a community meeting spot. It aims to raise $50,000 with the help of the new wave of oil and gas businesses in town.