Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Cultural, Community, Information
Hidden World of Girls Part 2
Airs Monday, March 26 at 8:00 p.m. Stories of coming of age, rituals and rites of passage, and secret identities of women who crossed a line, broke a trail, changed a tide.
Who are the women that inspire you? What are the rituals for girls in your community? Whose stories have yet to be told? Help us on our quest for tales of the extraordinary and everyday, from the past to the present. We’re looking for stories about the women who are leading the meetings and the girls who are breaking new ground: the famous, the infamous, the unknown and the unsung. What was the ritual when you came of age? When your mother came of age? Or your grandmother? Who are the women who have changed their lives and the world around them? What is the sound track of your life? Your neighborhood. Your ringtones, your ipod playlists. We’re gathering photographs and videos that capture the hidden world of women and girls. Send us yours. Call the Hidden World of Girls message line: 202-408-9576.