Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Cultural, Community, Information
Hidden World of Girls Part 1
Airs Monday, March 19 at 8:00 p.m. Stories of coming of age, rituals and rites of passage, and secret identities of women who crossed a line, broke a trail, changed a tide.
Who are the women that inspire you? What are the rituals for girls in your community? Whose stories have yet to be told? Help us on our quest for tales of the extraordinary and everyday, from the past to the present. We’re looking for stories about the women who are leading the meetings and the girls who are breaking new ground: the famous, the infamous, the unknown and the unsung. What was the ritual when you came of age? When your mother came of age? Or your grandmother? Who are the women who have changed their lives and the world around them? What is the sound track of your life? Your neighborhood. Your ringtones, your ipod playlists. We’re gathering photographs and videos that capture the hidden world of women and girls. Send us yours. Call the Hidden World of Girls message line: 202-408-9576.