Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
Health Matters: Smoking Cessation & Tobacco Related Illnesses
Aired Thursday, November 14 at 6 p.m.
Caution: Cigarette Smoking may be hazardous to your health.
That message was introduced in 1966 on Cigarette packages. Today, nearly 50 years later we read.
Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking causes lung cancer, heart disease, emphysema, and may complicate pregnancy. On this edition of Health matter we discuss smoking cessation and tobacco related illnesses. Dr. Randy Brewer will be your host and is joined by Dr. Sanford Katz, a radiation oncologist with the Willis Knighton Cancer Center, Dr. Himanshu Desai who is a partner with Pulmonary and Critical Care Specialists in Shreveport, and Dr. Jarrod Mitchell, coordinator of the Willis Knighton Cardiac Rehabilitation Program. They examined the health risks of smoking and various smoking cessation programs.