Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Health Matters: Smoking Cessation & Tobacco Related Illnesses
Aired Thursday, November 14 at 6 p.m.
Caution: Cigarette Smoking may be hazardous to your health.
That message was introduced in 1966 on Cigarette packages. Today, nearly 50 years later we read.
Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking causes lung cancer, heart disease, emphysema, and may complicate pregnancy. On this edition of Health matter we discuss smoking cessation and tobacco related illnesses. Dr. Randy Brewer will be your host and is joined by Dr. Sanford Katz, a radiation oncologist with the Willis Knighton Cancer Center, Dr. Himanshu Desai who is a partner with Pulmonary and Critical Care Specialists in Shreveport, and Dr. Jarrod Mitchell, coordinator of the Willis Knighton Cardiac Rehabilitation Program. They examined the health risks of smoking and various smoking cessation programs.