Most Active Stories
- Red River Radio Transmitter Upgrades
- Rural Ark-La-Tex veterans may avoid trips to Shreveport VA for routine care
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- Wanna Go To Fit City? List Ranks America's 50 Fittest Metro Areas
Health Matters: Smoking Cessation & Tobacco Related Illnesses
Aired Thursday, November 14 at 6 p.m.
Caution: Cigarette Smoking may be hazardous to your health.
That message was introduced in 1966 on Cigarette packages. Today, nearly 50 years later we read.
Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking causes lung cancer, heart disease, emphysema, and may complicate pregnancy. On this edition of Health matter we discuss smoking cessation and tobacco related illnesses. Dr. Randy Brewer will be your host and is joined by Dr. Sanford Katz, a radiation oncologist with the Willis Knighton Cancer Center, Dr. Himanshu Desai who is a partner with Pulmonary and Critical Care Specialists in Shreveport, and Dr. Jarrod Mitchell, coordinator of the Willis Knighton Cardiac Rehabilitation Program. They examined the health risks of smoking and various smoking cessation programs.