Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
Cultural, Community, Information
Health Matters: Eye Health
Airs Thursday, May 23 at 6 p.m. May is Healthy Vision Month. Join us this Thursday at 6 p.m. for Health Matters. Dr. James E. Lusk of Lusk Eye Specialists in Shreveport, will be our guest to discuss Eye Health and take your questions at 1-800-552-8502.
Originally from Houston, Dr. Lusk graduated with honors from the University of Notre Dame and received his medical degree from Tulane School of Medicine. He served his internship at Baylor College of Medicine and was a resident in Ophthalmology at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio. He held a fellowship in Cornea and External Disease at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston. Dr. Lusk is Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and the American Board of Eye Surgery. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and is a member of the prestigious American College of Eye Surgeons. Dr. Lusk was a founder of the Northwest Louisiana Lions Eye Bank and currently serves as co-medical director. He also serves as an associate clinical professor of ophthalmology at LSU Medical School in Shreveport.