Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Health Matters: Concussion
Aired Thursday, January 23 at 6 p.m.
Concussion is a brain injury caused by a blow to the head or body or an injury that jars or shakes the brain. Contacts sports, falls, car crashes, and bicycle accidents are a few of the ways someone might get a concussion. Join Red River Radio this Thursday at 6 p.m. for Health Matters for a discussion on the causes, treatment and prevention of concussions. Hosted by Dr. Randall Brewer, this Health Matters will feature an interview with former NFL quarterback Stan Humphries. Our physician guests panel will include Neurosurgeons Dr. Anil Nanda and Dr. Christine Notarianni of University Neurosurgery, and Dr. Shane Barton, Medical Director of Sports Medicine for Willis-Knighton Health System. They also answered your questions during the show.