Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Haven't Seen The 'Webcam 101 For Seniors' Video Yet? Here It Is
Originally published on Fri September 16, 2011 12:09 pm
It's one of this week's "viral video sensations," as ABC News' Technology Review says.
Oregon senior citizens Bruce and Esther Huffman were playing with their new laptop and trying to figure out how to use its camera function. They ended up inadvertently making a video that's been watched more than 4 million times since a granddaughter put it on YouTube last month.
He sings, burps and makes faces — and gets a little frisky. She keeps trying to find out how the dang thing works.
Portland's KATU-TV talked to the couple this week and reports that:
"Just in case anyone thinks the video was all an act, the couple assures everyone that's just not the case. 'If we'd have staged it, I would have been all, uhhhhh ... but since we knew nothing was happening, we were just being ourselves just having fun laughs,' Bruce said."
The Oregonian reports Bruce is 86. Esther is 79. And it adds that Esther says they "married seven years ago after their spouses from previous marriages died, [and] are 'very much still in love' " — something that the video certainly shows.