Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Goldman Sachs Lost $428 Million In Third Quarter
Bank of America's report of a $6.2 billion profit in the third quarter, as we said earlier, has many analysts pointing out that it was mostly due to one-time accounting changes and asset sales. Still, BofA's stock is up slightly at this hour.
Meanwhile, the word from Goldman Sachs that it lost $428 million ($394 million before its preferred stock dividends) over the course of the same three months also isn't fazing the financial markets, according to The Associated Press. The loss, AP says, "had been widely expected due to the turmoil in financial markets this summer. Goldman's stock rose 0.9 percent to $97.72 in early trading."
It was only the second quarterly loss in the firm's history since Goldman Sachs went public 12 years ago.