Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Gold Mail Boxes Honor Britain's Gold Medalists
Originally published on Fri August 17, 2012 10:06 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. The royal mail has been honoring team Great Britain's gold medalists by painting some of those iconic British red postboxes gold. Rob Smith was upset. His Olympic hero's mailbox was painted in the athlete's hometown, instead of in Lymington where the athlete currently lives and where Mr. Smith lives. And so Mr. Smith painted a mailbox himself. He was arrested, but locals rallied behind him and now that mailbox will stay gold. A win for Mr. Smith. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.