Most Active Stories
- LSU Health Shreveport librarians create comic book about childhood obesity problem
- Navy Week brings dozens of sailors to Shreveport/Bossier
- Health Matters: Breaking the chain - Addiction to Porn and Adolescents
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
Giving Thanks: A Celebration of Fall, Food, & Gratitude
Airs Thursday, November 28 at 1 p.m. With music and stories for Thanksgiving, it”s Giving Thanks. New for 2013, two wise, witty women join us at the table: Julia Sweeney, celebrated writer and actor. She’s best known from Wait, Wait … Don’t Tell Me! and Saturday Night Live. But Sweeney’s memoires and monologues on faith give her humor a deep human touch that’s perfect for Thanksgiving. Anne Lamott, best-selling author of Bird by Bird and Operating Instructions. Her latest book Help, Thanks, Wow: The Three Essential Prayers offers the perfect spirit of gratitude, gentle humor, and a call to embrace the gift of family and friends. Classical music is the heart and soul of the original Giving Thanks. This year features a tribute to Bach, including Simone Dinnerstein; Eric Whitacre’s gorgeous setting of e.e. cumming’s. Between the music, no clichés about pilgrims and pumpkin pies. Instead, it’s a contemporary celebration of the spirit of Gratitude.