Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- YMCA in Shreveport breaks ground on three-phase fitness campus
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
- Driving is no time to multitask, Shreveport lawyers teach high school students
- Carnegie Hall Live: Keyboard Virtuosos I with Daniil Trifonov
Giving Thanks: A Celebration of Fall, Food, & Gratitude
Airs Thursday, November 28 at 1 p.m. With music and stories for Thanksgiving, it”s Giving Thanks. New for 2013, two wise, witty women join us at the table: Julia Sweeney, celebrated writer and actor. She’s best known from Wait, Wait … Don’t Tell Me! and Saturday Night Live. But Sweeney’s memoires and monologues on faith give her humor a deep human touch that’s perfect for Thanksgiving. Anne Lamott, best-selling author of Bird by Bird and Operating Instructions. Her latest book Help, Thanks, Wow: The Three Essential Prayers offers the perfect spirit of gratitude, gentle humor, and a call to embrace the gift of family and friends. Classical music is the heart and soul of the original Giving Thanks. This year features a tribute to Bach, including Simone Dinnerstein; Eric Whitacre’s gorgeous setting of e.e. cumming’s. Between the music, no clichés about pilgrims and pumpkin pies. Instead, it’s a contemporary celebration of the spirit of Gratitude.