Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Shape of Shreveport documentary series probes city's past, celebrates its people
- Red River Radio Spotlight: American Boys Choir
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
Girls On World Cafe
Girls' 2011 album Father, Son, Holy Ghost strikes a careful balance between creating music that sounds classic and writing something that's already been done. Ever since Girls' debut, Album, the band has been writing and recording music that's familiar, urgent and refreshingly simple.
The group's new record features love songs like "Honey Bunny" and ballads such as "Vomit," but there's also a new sense of maturity throughout. Girls has been touring nationally to support Father, Son, Holy Ghost, and has released a handful of retro-themed videos, as well. Hear the group perform its effortlessly contagious music on today's World Cafe.