Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Giant Mushroom Found In British Columbia
Originally published on Thu July 12, 2012 11:21 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. A Canadian man and his son came upon quite a sight last week when hunting for edible mushrooms - a humongous fungus weighing just over 57 pounds. The giant mushroom of the puffball variety is inedible due to its age and size. But that didn't diminish the father and son's excitement. They plan to return the mushroom back to the place in British Columbia where they found it so it can release spores and create new jumbo mushrooms. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.