Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Giant Mushroom Found In British Columbia
Originally published on Thu July 12, 2012 11:21 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. A Canadian man and his son came upon quite a sight last week when hunting for edible mushrooms - a humongous fungus weighing just over 57 pounds. The giant mushroom of the puffball variety is inedible due to its age and size. But that didn't diminish the father and son's excitement. They plan to return the mushroom back to the place in British Columbia where they found it so it can release spores and create new jumbo mushrooms. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.