Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Ghost hunters flock to Jefferson, Texas, named a 'spooky getaway'
The travel website TripAdvisor has named Jefferson, Texas, to its top 10 list of the nation's spookiest getaways. Historian Jodi Breckenridge leads twice weekly ghost tours through downtown Jefferson. She says the town has embraced its haunted reputation and its special spirits are a tourism draw. Her Halloween tour begins at 8 p.m., near The Jefferson Hotel.