Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
Ghost hunters flock to Jefferson, Texas, named a 'spooky getaway'
The travel website TripAdvisor has named Jefferson, Texas, to its top 10 list of the nation's spookiest getaways. Historian Jodi Breckenridge leads twice weekly ghost tours through downtown Jefferson. She says the town has embraced its haunted reputation and its special spirits are a tourism draw. Her Halloween tour begins at 8 p.m., near The Jefferson Hotel.