Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Four to be inducted into Louisiana's Hall of Master Folk Artists
Two noted Louisiana craftspeople and two of the state’s leading musicians will be inducted into the Louisiana Folklife Center’s Hall of Master Folk Artists Saturday as part of the Natchitoches-NSU Folk Festival.
This year’s inductees include accordionist Geno Delafose, frontman for his band “French Rockin’ Boogie.” Delafose is a rancher near his hometown of Eunice. He is serving as honorary chairman of this year’s festival in its 34th year.
Other inductees include Jackie Miller of Iota, Maggie Warwick of Shreveport, and Preston Watley of Eunice. There are 89 members in the Hall of Master Folk Artists, which was started in 1981. The festival will be held on Friday evening and all day Saturday at NSU’s Prather Coliseum. This year’s festival theme is “Celebrating Louisiana’s Horse and Cattle Culture.”