Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Shape of Shreveport documentary series probes city's past, celebrates its people
- Red River Radio Spotlight: American Boys Choir
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
Former Canadian Football Stars Fight Caught On Tape
Originally published on Tue November 29, 2011 11:16 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. It's never too late to settle a score. Joe Kapp and Angelo Mosca are former Canadian Football League stars. They supposedly haven't liked each other since competing in 1963.
Last week, the 73-year-olds were honored at a lunch. Kapp offered a flower as a peace gesture. Mosca rejected it, and lashed out with his cane. Kapp advanced with his fists.
In a videotaped display so startling some think it was staged, one senior citizen knocked the other to the floor. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.