Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Around the Nation
Following Up On Tuesday's Feline Mayor Story
Originally published on Wed July 18, 2012 8:57 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. The media couldn't resist the tale of Stubbs the Cat celebrating his 15th year as honorary mayor of Talkeetna, that's the Alaska town that bills itself as the model for the quirky community in TV's "Northern Exposure." Many of us reported that Stubbs was elected as a write-in when the human candidates fell short. Not true. The tiny town has no real mayor, so there was no election, which actually means that Stubbs the cat is probably mayor for life. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.