Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Flight school slated to open in Natchitoches
A new flight school opens Aug. 2 at Natchitoches Regional Airport. The Flight Academy of New Orleans will move into the hangar formerly occupied by Northwestern State University's aviation program that closed about a year ago. Stanley Salter, chairman of the Airport Commission, say the arrangement includes a partnership with Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics. He says China is experiencing an aviation boom and its citizens often seek flight training in the United States. The open house event is from 4 - 6 p.m. at Natchitoches Regional Airport.