Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
Flight school slated to open in Natchitoches
A new flight school opens Aug. 2 at Natchitoches Regional Airport. The Flight Academy of New Orleans will move into the hangar formerly occupied by Northwestern State University's aviation program that closed about a year ago. Stanley Salter, chairman of the Airport Commission, say the arrangement includes a partnership with Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics. He says China is experiencing an aviation boom and its citizens often seek flight training in the United States. The open house event is from 4 - 6 p.m. at Natchitoches Regional Airport.