Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Shape of Shreveport documentary series probes city's past, celebrates its people
- Red River Radio Spotlight: American Boys Choir
- U.S. Mint to debut Kisatchie National Forest commemorative quarter in Alexandria
Cultural, Community, Information
Airs Saturday, November 10 at 3:00 p.m. Fiesta! is a new, original production devoted to Latino concert music, and brings artistically significant compositions from Latin America, Spain and Portugal to your listeners. The acclaimed composer, musician, performer, and professor Elbio Barilari is the host and creative force behind this series. He invites listeners to enjoy and learn about the lively and compelling sounds of Latin American classical music. On this weeks program we'll hear Na es eterno by Bulerias; guitarist Carlos Montoya in Flamenco; pianist Rosa Torres-Pardo in De Falla's Danza Del Terror; flamenco singer Rocio Marquez in the Flamenco Tango; the Granada Serenata from the Suite Espanola No. 1 by Albeniz; the song Sale el Sol by Enrique Morente; the Intermezzo from Goyesca by Granados featuring Nancy Steltmann on clarinet and Mary Louise Vetrano on piano; and De Falla's Danza Ritual Del Fuego with pianist Rosa Torres-Parda.