Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
Cultural, Community, Information
Airs Saturday, October 6 at 3:00 p.m. Fiesta! is a new, original production devoted to Latino concert music, and brings artistically significant compositions from Latin America, Spain and Portugal to your listeners. The acclaimed composer, musician, performer, and professor Elbio Barilari is the host and creative force behind this series. He invites listeners to enjoy and learn about the lively and compelling sounds of Latin American classical music. On this weeks program we'll hear distinguished composers from Venezuela, Mexico, Panama, and Cuba with Theresa Carreno's Vals Gayo featuring Clara Rodriguez, piano. Then we'll hear Manuel Ponce's Concierto del Sur featuring the Philharmonic Orchestra of the Americas under the direction of Alondra de la Parra. Next, Roque Cordero's Eight Miniatures for Small Orchestra performed by the Chicago Sinfonietta under Paul Freeman, and Jose White's Etude No. 6 with violinist Rachel Barton Pine.