Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Field Report On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed February 20, 2013 12:41 pm
Field Report founder and frontman Chris Porterfield assumed his music career was over after he left the Wisconsin band DeYarmond Edison, which also featured Justin Vernon of Bon Iver and several current members of Megafaun. Following the band's 2006 breakup, Porterfield started writing music for the first time, taking years to hone his skills.
In December 2011, Field Report finally recorded its meticulously crafted songs, which recall the works of Paul Simon and Nebraska-era Bruce Springsteen. In this session, Porterfield talks with World Cafe's David Dye and performs songs from his new, self-titled collection of dark, poignant Americana.
This episode of World Cafe originally aired on Oct. 9, 2012.