Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
FBI Citizens' Academy plans outreach in Shreveport
The FBI Citizens’ Academy chapter in Shreveport-Bossier is promoting child’s safety programs on Veterans Day. The FBI-trained academy alumni will distribute materials about FBI community programs at the Louisiana State Fair on Sunday, Nov. 11, from 10 a.m. to dusk. Gina Starnes, vice president of the FBI Citizens’ Academy Shreveport chapter, says her group will hand out hundreds of child ID kits that involve fingerprinting and DNA swabs.
“The kits are kept at home in a safe place,” Starnes said. “Hopefully [parents] will never need it, but they will have it right away.”