Most Active Stories
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
- Rural Ark-La-Tex veterans may avoid trips to Shreveport VA for routine care
Explosives expert: Camp Minden blast may jeopardize government contracts
An explosives recovering and recycling business at the Camp Minden industrial site has not released details about what caused a Monday night magazine explosion that rocked northwest Louisiana. Jimmie Oxley, co-director of the Department of Homeland Security Center of Excellence in Explosives at University of Rhode Island, says TNT is no longer manufactured in the United States. Oxley says few companies specialize in extracting it from weapons, and government inspections are rigorous at such plants.