Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
Erich Leinsdorf: Perfectionist, Pioneer, and Pedagogue
Part 2 Airs Thursday, January 17 at 11:00 a.m. Come join us as we celebrate the 100th birthday of conductor and educator Erich Leinsdorf. His legacy as a perfectionist conductor of operas, orchestral music and concertos, a passionate educator of performing musicians and a devoted advocate of an enormously wide-ranging arena of composers, is discussed by distinguished artists and others who worked with him.
In this Two part series we’ll hear Gunther Schuller, Phyllis Curtin, Marilyn Horne, Joseph Silverstein, Vic Firth, John Oliver, Henry Fogel, Dan Gustin, Anthony Fogg, Deborah Borda, Costa Pilavachi and Michael Skinner, recall Maestro Leinsdorf’s powerful impact at the Metropolitan Opera, Boston Symphony Orchestra, Tanglewood Music Centre and the New York Philharmonic. Maestro Leinsdorf himself is heard speaking about the interpretation and also the teaching of some repertoire for which he became especially celebrated and revered.