Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
Erich Leinsdorf: Perfectionist, Pioneer, and Pedagogue
Part 2 Airs Thursday, January 17 at 11:00 a.m. Come join us as we celebrate the 100th birthday of conductor and educator Erich Leinsdorf. His legacy as a perfectionist conductor of operas, orchestral music and concertos, a passionate educator of performing musicians and a devoted advocate of an enormously wide-ranging arena of composers, is discussed by distinguished artists and others who worked with him.
In this Two part series we’ll hear Gunther Schuller, Phyllis Curtin, Marilyn Horne, Joseph Silverstein, Vic Firth, John Oliver, Henry Fogel, Dan Gustin, Anthony Fogg, Deborah Borda, Costa Pilavachi and Michael Skinner, recall Maestro Leinsdorf’s powerful impact at the Metropolitan Opera, Boston Symphony Orchestra, Tanglewood Music Centre and the New York Philharmonic. Maestro Leinsdorf himself is heard speaking about the interpretation and also the teaching of some repertoire for which he became especially celebrated and revered.