Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
English Soccer Team Sees New Level Of Fan Dedication
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
English soccer team Arsenal has seen a new level of fan dedication. As the players were sightseeing in Vietnam, where they play today, they noticed a man in an Arsenal shirt running alongside the team bus. He kept pace for more than three miles. Players began chanting: Sign him up.
UNIDENTIFIED MEN: Sign him up. Sign him up. Sign him up.
GREENE: Finally the team invited him on board. One player said the guy had an unbelievable six-pack, we were sort of feeling jealous.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.