Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
ELO's Jeff Lynne Describes His Work In The Studio
Originally published on Wed October 2, 2013 4:52 pm
Jeff Lynne isn't quite at the forefront of '70s and '80s classic rock, but he was responsible for some formidable records with Electric Light Orchestra and Traveling Wilburys; later, he produced releases for Wilbury collaborators Tom Petty, Roy Orbison and George Harrison.
Here, World Cafe talks to Lynne from his studio in England to discuss his past work, which includes the creation of the Beatles track "Free As a Bird" for Anthology 1. Recently, Lynne has also reissued the live ELO album Zoom and his own solo collection, Armchair Theatre.