Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Edinburgh Festival Program 3
Airs Thursday, December 20 at 11:00 a.m.
Born from the trauma of the Second World War, Edinburgh's unique combination of festivals is a triumph of international shared storytelling. Encompassing classical music, theater, literature, popular and folk music, science, visual art and a city-wide sharing of culture, this radio series will give listeners a first-hand experience of being in one of the world's most creative and cosmopolitan cities during a period when over 600,000 visitors experience the "annual cultural equivalent of the Olympics" during which over 4,000 performances take place in hundreds of venues ranging from exquisite concert halls to site-specific fringe spaces.
Among the classical music highlights are: the Trio Zimmerman, His Majesties Sagbutts, Les Vents Francais, Leif Ove Andsnes, Leonidas Kavakos, Nicola Lugansky, the Calder Quartet, Luca Pisaroni, the European Youth Orchestra, the Scottish Symphony Orchestra, the Budapest Festival Orchestra and many others. This radio series will give listeners an unprecedented and intimate tour of what many consider the world's greatest festival city.