Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Airs Thursday, December 6 at 11:00 a.m. Born from the trauma of the Second World War, Edinburgh's unique combination of festivals is a triumph of international shared storytelling. Encompassing classical music, theater, literature, popular and folk music, science, visual art and a city-wide sharing of culture, this radio series will give listeners a first-hand experience of being in one of the world's most creative and cosmopolitan cities during a period when over 600,000 visitors experience the "annual cultural equivalent of the Olympics" during which over 4,000 performances take place in hundreds of venues ranging from exquisite concert halls to site-specific fringe spaces.
Among the classical music highlights are: the Trio Zimmerman, His Majesties Sagbutts, Les Vents Francais, Leif Ove Andsnes, Leonidas Kavakos, Nicola Lugansky, the Calder Quartet, Luca Pisaroni, the European Youth Orchestra, the Scottish Symphony Orchestra, the Budapest Festival Orchestra and many othes. This radio series will give listeners an unprecedented and intimate tour of what many consider the world's greatest festival city.