Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Around the Nation
Duke Bourbon Raises Challenge From University
Originally published on Thu July 10, 2014 10:30 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Selling American whiskey is all about marketing. You can buy bottles with scenes of prohibition or that evoke the old West, and you may someday see a bottle featuring the image of John Wayne. The actor was known as the duke, and his heirs wants to call their product Duke Bourbon. The only problem is an objection from Duke University - no relation. The school has raised a legal challenge, contending the whiskey would tarnish the Duke name. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.