Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Don McLean Fined For Speeding; No Chevy (Or Levee) Involved
Originally published on Fri January 25, 2013 2:22 pm
Singer Don McLean has been fined $400, BDN Maine Midcoast reports, for cruising through a Rockport, Maine, school zone last September at 43 mph when the legal limit was 15 mph.
And if we have to tell you why you should wonder if he was driving a Chevy to the levee, then that must mean you're not "of a certain age." Find your mom or dad's old copy of American Pie and check it out — if there's a turntable around, that is.
He wasn't, by the way, in a Chevy. According to BDN Maine, the car was a Chrysler.
Meanwhile, how many of you can remember all or most of the lyrics? And if we've now stuck that song in your head when you don't want it there, sorry!