Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Around the Nation
Dock Collapses Under Michigan Wedding Party
Originally published on Tue June 26, 2012 7:25 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne with, as the bride put it, a story to tell the grandkids. A Michigan couple wed at a lakeside resort, and what better place for a photo than on the dock. When the wedding party lined up, the dock collapsed. So along with the bride and groom, everyone took the plunge, as the Grand Rapids Press put it. Thanks to the wedding videographer, you can see it all on the Web, plus another video of a different wedding party falling into a lake. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.