Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Director Boyle Unveils Pastoral Olympics Opener
Originally published on Wed June 13, 2012 6:00 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. The opening ceremony of the London Olympics will be something of a departure from director Danny Boyle's other productions, like the colorful and gritty "Slum Dog Millionaire." Yesterday, Boyle unveiled his design for the big Olympic opener and it will include a real pastoral experience. His vision of rural Britain includes giant maypoles, live grass, plows, sheep and, of course, clouds, which Boyle promises will really rain. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.