Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Director Boyle Unveils Pastoral Olympics Opener
Originally published on Wed June 13, 2012 6:00 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. The opening ceremony of the London Olympics will be something of a departure from director Danny Boyle's other productions, like the colorful and gritty "Slum Dog Millionaire." Yesterday, Boyle unveiled his design for the big Olympic opener and it will include a real pastoral experience. His vision of rural Britain includes giant maypoles, live grass, plows, sheep and, of course, clouds, which Boyle promises will really rain. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.