Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
The dB's On World Cafe
The dB's secured a place in rock history as one of the pioneering jangle-pop bands of the early '80s. Deftly combining new wave and power-pop, it created a melodic niche for itself among its Southern peers — bands like The Feelies and R.E.M.
Following a 25-year absence, the return of The dB's last year proved that some reunions are worth the wait. Thirty years removed from the last release with the band's original lineup, the quartet of Peter Holsapple, Chris Stamey, Will Rigby and Gene Holder re-formed for 2012's Falling Off the Sky.
Here, the group performs two songs from Falling Off the Sky and discusses its trajectory — from its formation in North Carolina to its recent comeback.