Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Dawes On World Cafe
Although Dawes' members have only been together since 2009, the L.A. band's romantic roots rock sounds like the product of an entirely different era.
Dawes' first album, North Hills — named after the neighborhood where the band's members grew up — came out two years ago to widespread acclaim. Its latest album, Nothing Is Wrong, continues in the same vein, with heartfelt lyrics, tight harmonies, and a vibe reminiscent of music from another part of L.A. — Laurel Canyon, the neighborhood that gave rise to the '60s Americana sound of classic records from the likes of Jackson Browne.
This session originally aired on August 26, 2011.