Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Damning report on group homes finds Mansfield and Pollock among worst
An agency that advocates for people with disabilities in Louisiana has requested a face-to-face meeting with Department of Health and Hospitals to discuss alleged instances of neglect at 16 group homes across the state. The New Orleans-based Advocacy Center released a report last month that documented unsafe and unsanitary conditions at homes for developmentally disabled people.