Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Damning report on group homes finds Mansfield and Pollock among worst
An agency that advocates for people with disabilities in Louisiana has requested a face-to-face meeting with Department of Health and Hospitals to discuss alleged instances of neglect at 16 group homes across the state. The New Orleans-based Advocacy Center released a report last month that documented unsafe and unsanitary conditions at homes for developmentally disabled people.