Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Crisis Talks In Cannes Over Greek Bailout Plan
But investors' eyes are on the French resort of Cannes, where Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou "faces a grilling from the leaders of Germany and France" later today, as Reuters says, because of his decision to let the people of Greece vote on whether to accept a $178 bailout package that will impose further austerity measures on that nation.
Bloomberg News says "European leaders racing to prevent their week-old debt crisis strategy from unravelling convene emergency talks today to tell Greece there is no alternative to the budget cuts imposed in the bailout plan."