Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Crisis Talks In Cannes Over Greek Bailout Plan
But investors' eyes are on the French resort of Cannes, where Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou "faces a grilling from the leaders of Germany and France" later today, as Reuters says, because of his decision to let the people of Greece vote on whether to accept a $178 bailout package that will impose further austerity measures on that nation.
Bloomberg News says "European leaders racing to prevent their week-old debt crisis strategy from unravelling convene emergency talks today to tell Greece there is no alternative to the budget cuts imposed in the bailout plan."