Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Shape of Shreveport documentary series probes city's past, celebrates its people
- Red River Radio Spotlight: American Boys Choir
- U.S. Mint to debut Kisatchie National Forest commemorative quarter in Alexandria
Christmas with Madrigalia 2013
Airs Thursday, December 19 at 1 p.m. O Magnum Mysterium is the traditional chant for Christmas morning. Its simple, yet elegant text has inspired composers through the ages to depict the great mystery of the King of Kings born among humble animals and shepherds. This year the Rochester, NY chamber choir Madrigalia returns for another musical celebration of Christmas, centered on the O Magnum Mysterium Mass by 16th century Spanish composer Tomas Luis de Victoria.
The one-hour program, conducted by Tomas Folan and recorded live in concert at Saint Anne Church in Rochester, New York, features Victoria’s Mass, along with music for Christmas by Ralph Vaughan Williams, Anton Bruckner, Herbert Howells, Boris Ord and and Darmon Meador.