Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Christmas Celtic Sojourn
A Christmas Celtic Sojourn with Brian O'Donovan
Airs Sunday, December 22 at 8 p.m. Direct from the Cutler Majestic Theatre in Boston, a Celtic celebration of the season. With music director Seamus Egan returning, his ground-breaking group Solas will be back on stage as well. The virtuosity of Winifred Horan on fiddle, Mick McAuley from Kilkenny on accordion and guitar, and Eamon McElholm, from Co. Tyrone will be supplemented by a new percussionist Steve Holloway, and the returning stalwart, Chico Huff on Bass. Steve Hickman, who wowed the audience with his use of body percussion (hambone!), and fiddling in 2007 will return. And Maeve Gilchrist will bring her harp wizardry from her native Scotland as well as the new influences of her years at the Berklee College of music. This year, some of the distinctive music of Norway will also be incorporated as Mariel Vandersteel joins the cast with her 8 string Hardanger fiddle, named after a musically vibrant and distinct part of the country.