Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Carnegie Hall Live
Carnegie Hall Live: West-Eastern Divan Orchestra
Airs Tuesday, February 5 at 11:00 a.m. As one of its members aptly puts it, the West-Eastern Divan Orchestra is "a human laboratory that can express to the whole world how to cope with each other." Established in 1999 as a workshop for young musicians from Israel, Palestine, and other Arab countries, the group is celebrated for its interpretations of Beethoven, which exude "youthful gusto and enthusiasm" (The Independent, London). On this program, they perform Beethoven's symphonies nos. 2 and 9.