Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Carnegie Hall Live
Carnegie Hall Live: The Philadelphia Orchestra
Airs Tuesday, January 22 at 11:00 a.m. Yannick Nézet-Séguin, in his first year as music director, leads The Philadelphia Orchestra in Ravel's La Valse and Shostakovich's intense, politically charged Symphony No. 5. Leonidas Kavakos, arguably "the most deeply satisfying violinist performing today" (The Philadelphia Inquirer), joins them for the New York premiere of Osvaldo Golijov's highly anticipated Violin Concerto.
Ravel: La ValseGolijov: Violin Concerto (NY Premiere, co-commissioned by Carnegie Hall)Shostakovich: Symphony No. 5 in D Minor, Op. 47