Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Carnegie Hall Live
Carnegie Hall Live: La Pasión Según San Marcos
Airs Thursday, March 19 at 11:00 a.m. At the heart of Osvaldo Golijov's residency as Carnegie Hall's Richard and Barbara Debs Composer's Chair is this performance of his La Pasión según San Marcos, featuring members of the Venezuelan chorus to which the piece is dedicated, together with high school singers from throughout New York City. Drawing on the sounds of Latin America with texts in Spanish, Latin, and Aramaic, the piece is evocative, wildly inventive, and entirely characteristic of Golijov's personal aesthetic.
Orquesta La Pasión
Robert Spano, Conductor
Jessica Rivera, Soprano
Luciana Souza, Vocalist
Members of Schola Cantorum de Venezuela
Maria Guinand, Chorus Director
David Rosenmeyer, Music Supervisor
High School choirs from New York City
Osvaldo Golijov: La Pasión según San Marcos