Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Carnegie Hall Live
Carnegie Hall Live: Britten's War Requiem Op. 66
Airs Monday, May 26 at 1 p.m. Hailed as “a phenomenon” who “pulls together the most intellectually enticing and emotionally gripping [performances] in New York” (The New Yorker), Robert Spano leads his Atlanta Symphony Orchestra in a stirring performance of Britten’s towering masterpiece. The composer created this mammoth meditation against war by juxtaposing Latin texts from the Mass for the Dead with shocking depictions of battle by Wilfred Owen, a British poet who died in World War I.
ATLANTA SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
Robert Spano, Music Director and Conductor
Evelina Dobracheva, Soprano
Anthony Dean Griffey, Tenor
Stephen Powell, Baritone
Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Chorus
Norman Mackenzie, Director
Brooklyn Youth Chorus
Dianne Berkun-Menaker, Artistic Director