Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Cultural, Community, Information
Carnegie Hall Live: Belcea Quartet
Airs Thursday, November 8 at 11:00 a.m. Hurricane Sandy and a dangerously broken construction crane dangling over West 57th Street in Manhattan closed Carnegie Hall for several days. But America’s most famous stage re-opens with a live concert featuring the phenomenal Belcea Quartet. Join us for this broadcast of Carnegie Hall Live with the Belcea Quartet, a group that approaches everything it plays with "timeless daring" (The New York Times). The quartet continues its three-concert focus on Beethoven's epoch-making late quartets. This program features Beethoven's E-flat–Major Quartet, Op. 127, the first of the five final quartets that changed the string quartet genre forever. Then we'll hear the Beethoven B-flat–Major Quartet, Op 130. Fred Child and Jeff Spurgeon will host.