Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
Caravan: Michael Garvin Live
Airs Friday, January 11 at 9 pm. On the next edition of The Caravan we’ll hear something new from Craig Finn, something old from Erica Wheeler, and something blue from Taj Mahal. Then we’ll turn South with music from Nick Anis, Inkuyo, and Erin Corday. During our live set we’ll feature a session with Michael Garvin, a Shreveport native who’s returned home after many years in Nashville as a writer and producer. Michael has over 80 chart hits to his credit, with 30 in the Top 10, and 18 No. 1 hits, including George Benson’s “Never Give Up On A Good Thing” and “Waiting For Tonight,” which Jennifer Lopez took to the top. He’ll talk with Bill Beckett about his Louisiana roots, his Nashville career and touring, and the new directions he is taking with his music composition. Join us Friday night at 9 pm for The Caravan on Red River Radio.