Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Cultural, Community, Information
Capitol Steps: Politics Takes a Holiday: 4th of July Edition 2012
Airs Tuesday, July 3 at 6:00 p.m. That’s right, Joe Biden recently surprised us by announcing that in order to accommodate the Secret Service scandal and the requests of many public radio stations, the Capitol Steps July 4th edition of “Politics Takes a Holiday” will be a full hour. It’s so wacky it just might work! Packed with new songs and more fun than a GSA party in Vegas, the Capitol Steps hope to remind you that if this special influences your vote for President…yikes, we’re in worse shape than we thought. Not for the faint of heart or for those considering running for office. warning this program could make your side split and your brain go numb.
Surgeon General's Warning:
The Capitol Steps will cause your sides to split.
– C. Everett Koop, 1/6/1989