Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
Cultural, Community, Information
Capitol Steps: Politics Takes a Holiday: 4th of July Edition 2012
Airs Tuesday, July 3 at 6:00 p.m. That’s right, Joe Biden recently surprised us by announcing that in order to accommodate the Secret Service scandal and the requests of many public radio stations, the Capitol Steps July 4th edition of “Politics Takes a Holiday” will be a full hour. It’s so wacky it just might work! Packed with new songs and more fun than a GSA party in Vegas, the Capitol Steps hope to remind you that if this special influences your vote for President…yikes, we’re in worse shape than we thought. Not for the faint of heart or for those considering running for office. warning this program could make your side split and your brain go numb.
Surgeon General's Warning:
The Capitol Steps will cause your sides to split.
– C. Everett Koop, 1/6/1989