Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Capitol Hill Police Not Amused By Tweets From 'The Onion'
Originally published on Thu September 29, 2011 11:36 am
Officials at the U.S. Capitol Police don't find any of it funny.
"It has come to our attention that recent twitter feeds are reporting false information concerning current conditions at the U.S. Capitol. Conditions at the U.S. Capitol are currently normal," police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider tells local news outlets.
"There is no credibility to these stories or the twitter feeds. The U.S. Capitol Police are currently investigating the reporting," she adds, according to The Washington Post's The Crime Scene blog.
The tweets, which began with word of "screams and gunfire," haven't ceased since the police department expressed its concern.