Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Camper Van Beethoven On World Cafe
After a nine-year hiatus, the venerable rock band Camper Van Beethoven has returned with its eighth studio album, La Costa Perdida. Thematically, the record revolves around midlife nostalgia and the group's California roots. Core members David Lowery, Jonathan Segel and Greg Lischer recruited Michael Urbano and Frank Funaro, both known for their work in Lowery's band Cracker, to collaborate on the recordings and subsequent performances.
Here, Camper Van Beethoven brings its mix of psychedelia, country, ska and Mexican styles to World Café, and talks with host David Dye about its reunion.