Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Calexico On World Cafe
Originally published on Fri March 29, 2013 1:33 pm
It's not easy to pin a single genre on Calexico. Joey Burns and John Convertino's band blends Americana, Tejano and indie rock music. Burns and Convertino began recording under the name — borrowed from the California border town — in 1996 in Tucson, Ariz., and have released several well-received albums, including this year's Algiers.
In this edition of World Cafe, Calexico visits with David Dye for an interview and four-song set. For this occasion, Burns and Convertino are joined by band members Jacob Valenzuela, Martin Wenk, Jairo Zavala, Sergio Mendoza and Ryan Alfred.
This World Cafe segment was originally aired on November 22, 2012.