Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
Calexico On World Cafe
Originally published on Fri March 29, 2013 1:33 pm
It's not easy to pin a single genre on Calexico. Joey Burns and John Convertino's band blends Americana, Tejano and indie rock music. Burns and Convertino began recording under the name — borrowed from the California border town — in 1996 in Tucson, Ariz., and have released several well-received albums, including this year's Algiers.
In this edition of World Cafe, Calexico visits with David Dye for an interview and four-song set. For this occasion, Burns and Convertino are joined by band members Jacob Valenzuela, Martin Wenk, Jairo Zavala, Sergio Mendoza and Ryan Alfred.
This World Cafe segment was originally aired on November 22, 2012.