Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Originally published on Wed August 8, 2012 1:39 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with your happiness.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: That's the indicator Fed Chief Ben Bernanke wants to see. Bernanke told a conference of economists last night that despite data pointing to a recovery, many people still feel stressed. He said the economic well-being of Americans is the Fed's ultimate objective - that is, the sense that things are going well.
It's not a new idea. The tiny Asian nation of Bhutan tracks national happiness instead of gross national product. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.